Proposal presented by Michelle Nilson with Ron Johnston, Faculty of Education
The Culturally Inclusive Place-Based (CIPB) Education cohort was developed at SFU to advance community-based and place-based research in education with a direct bearing on institutional structures, policies and practices. This cohort is comprised of educators in senior roles within schools, colleges, universities, health and community services, Band administrations, and other similar educational settings. Continue reading “Educational Governance, Reform and Diversity for a Culturally Inclusive Place Based Doctoral Cohort: A video project”
Hello everyone! My name is Tara mcFarlane & I am the Administrative Coordinator for the Institute for the Study of Teaching and Learning in the Disciplines (ISTLD). One of the main responsibilities I have is to coordinate and facilitate the Teaching and Learning Development Grants program (http://www.sfu.ca/tlgrants). My idea for a project was to come up with an infographic that could be used independently or within a presentation/website to give a quick and clear overview of the Teaching and Learning Development Grant process from the view of a potential grant applicant/recipient. Continue reading “Teaching and Learning Development Grant – Infographic Process”
- Youtube videos take time and steps and passwords to download
- Premier Pro is only available for free (as part of Adobe Creative Cloud) if the SFU computer is place-dedicated (to a lab or office)
- Premier Pro can do pretty much every amazing thing imaginable and can do it about 5 different ways.
- Once you find the way you like to do things with Premier Pro, practice it several times!
- If you are doing what I did–editing a bigger video down to manageable teaching size–take the few extra minutes to ‘get micro’ with the frames and sound, cutting and slicing at just the precisely correct moment. I did not always do this and the quality suffered a bit.
- Adam is an awesome teacher!
You can see my effort at http://edmedia.tlc.sfu.ca/?p=2424